Sunday, September 13, 2009

Practice in Patience

Oh, I wonder when I will learn patience. I guess I am in training. Today, I decided to spend about 2 hours finishing the Service Journey pages of the website before traveling to Kenya. It is so much harder to work on the website from there. Slow connections, lots of interruptions-- things to try your patience -- etc. So I complete several pages -- Oh that feels so good. -- But gosh that side bar is way too thin. I need to widen that side bar and shrink the middle table. -- Now you need to understand that I know just about enough HTML to be terribly dangerous. I copy well from other people and have absolutely no clue what I am really doing. So-- heady with the beauty of completion, I crash forward into the source. -- After all how hard can it be to shrink one table and increase the other? Well, in less than 2 seconds i destroyed my entire days work. Then try to fix it.,,,,Hmm -- further destruction. Call in the calvary!! -- Oh well - salvaged but still not correct-- and the calvary is intelligent enough to go to bed. Well let me get back to it and see how badly I can mess it up before I go to Kenya. Sorry all you who are trying to get information from the Service Journey Pages -- When I mess up I don't fool around.

No comments: